Saturday, July 28, 2007

10 months in and still learning...

I learned today that my husband has never been to a county/country fair! Growing up around these things all summer long, I guess I have taken them for granted. Every little town in Ontario has its own fair for a week or a weekend throughout the summer months. So tonight, a man from the church and his starting-college-in-the-fall age son took us to a fair a town or so over.

Jer got to experience the "excitement" of hearing kids scream on the rides while we listened to the groans and squeaks of the machinery from the safety of the solid ground. Something about putting the rides up and down in an hour makes me wonder if I really want to go and hang upside down by them!

He experienced the food and all its grandeur. I had to laugh because the guys we went with "go for the food." Ugh. I'm sure their hearts love them for it too!!!!

So now he can join in with the majority of Americans and say that he too has been to a country fair.

Have you been? Any interesting stories to share???

5 comments:

  1. sarah, i had to use you for a sermon illustration this morning. but i didn't use your name, so no worries, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the town i grew up in always had a fair every fall. i liked going to them. i always thought they were fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually went to our very first American town fair tonight, complete with tractor pulls, elephant rides and midway rides. Mackenzie was a veteran midway rider, but Morgan and Grace had their first experience with a Ferris Wheel, Tilt-a-Whirl and small roller coaster. Grace was beyond excited on the little coaster...screamed the whole time and instinctively threw her hands in the air. (Can't wait til she's old enough for Disney Coasters!)

    And we forgot our camera. :(

    And we're not going again 'cause it cost us $50 to walk around a smokey, sketchy place and ride three rides.

    Woo hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. all I have to say is my home town has something called "CornFest!!" and yes it really is as corny...:) as it sounds!!! Immagine t-shirts with cobs of corn saying I heart Cornfest!! :)

    it's a blast though, and I miss it!!

    ReplyDelete