Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas and whatnot

Well.. For starters, I just updated to the new Beta Blogger and I don't like it already. It shifted everything but my top picture over to the right and now you have to scan your page over to align it properly.. Does anyone know how to fix that??? Does anyone know any benefits to this "beta blogger"??


So Christmas is almost here. Jeremiah and I have the inside of the house all festive. We are going to buy some more decorations in the after Christmas sales, so things are sparse in some areas, but we both had quite a bit of stuff, so we're not lacking... I will take some pictures and post them soon. Our tree looks pretty cute. We found this really cute string of fake gum drops at Walmart, but they only had 1 string left (on a tree - but they told us we could take it off...) but it was only 6 feet long or so.. what were we going to do with ONE 6 foot string of gumdrops... So we decided to string our own. After finding some spice drops (cheaper ;)), fishing line, shelack, and needles, we headed home, popped in Over the Hedge, and we were on our way. Only afterwards did we realize we should have invested in thimbles. Now the tree looks very festive with about 25 feet of freshly strung gumdrops. Definitely a memory for years to come!! :)

On Monday night, I went to Fort Fairfield for a cookie exchange at Melinda's. it was lots of fun. I was really glad to get out of the house. I don't know a lot of people around here, and am not the kind to just pop up to someone I don't really know and say "Hey, let's go out!" so I was very appreciative of Melinda's invite (Thanks again, Melinda :D) I made cute little lollipop sugar cookies. I'll try to get a picture of them as well. And I came home with ginger, molasses, and thumprint cookies, and pumpkin bread! What a good trade off!!

Last night, we had the board over for supper. Lasagna, garlic bread, Caesar salad, and cinnamon bites for dessert. Yummy yummy.

So, our lessons for the week - we need to start doing more things with people. I really had a good time visiting with the girls at the cookie exchange and then again when Wes and Jeremiah joined us. And it was a lot of fun to have people in.

Now if only I could keep my house clean enough to not be so EMBARASSED when people knocked on the door!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah
    I am ashamed to say I have not had you and Jeramiah over yet. It seems we have something everyday and night. Hopefully things will settle down after Christmas. I know what you mean about the house with working most everyday and out every evening my house takes a back seat I'm afraid. Have a great day.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom's words of wisdom for the day:

    People don't come to visit your house! They come to visit you! Relax! Don't fret about the house! Enjoy friendship! The mess will probably always be there (if you are anything like me) but the friends will come and go. Cherish your friendships.
    A poem I remember from years back
    Although you'll find my house a mess
    Come in! Sit down! Converse!
    It doesn't always look like this
    Some days its even worse!!
    ~Mom~

    ReplyDelete