Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hello Sunshiney Ontario!

Since we are ahead on the packing, Jer told me I should take a few days to visit my parents. So I surprised them and showed up tonight :) It was a fun surprise. Now I'm here until Saturday. If anyone's around, LET ME KNOW!! I already have a bit of plans.

I had to travel across FrenchMan's land to get here (Quebec, and the worst of it, Montreal) Montreal was stop and go traffic the whole way through. Go figure... I hit it right at 4:00pm!

Because I was in Frenchland, the only English radio I could find was 104.7 CBC Radio. Canadian Talk Radio. I learned all kinds of things about the Sea Shepherds and about people who dance on roofs.

Here are a few of the useless tidbits of information I learned:

1- Cats eat more fish than seals. In fact, it would be better for the fish population if there were more seals, not less, according to Paul Watson, the Sea Shepherd founder.

2- Paul Watson is not allowed in the Maritimes for three years for the crime of having *witnessed* a seal being killed.

3- Pigs are the #1 aquamarine eaters. Pigs eat more fish than sharks do.

4- Sesame Street is airing it's 38th Season Premiere on August 13, 2007. In the list of puppet acts is a Howie Mandell puppet, hosting a game show called "Meal or No Meal"

5- A 6-month-old German Shepherd started a fire earlier this week by jumping up on a stove top with his front legs and knocking on the dial for the element. No one knew, fire started, and in the end, there was over $60000 of damage :S

6- Thy typewriter, the old fashioned telephone, and the windup alarm clock all have sounds that are now considered "endangered".

That about wraps up my new-found knowledge. On my way home I get to listen to a show called "Sandra Oh on Go" where we get to listen to "the Gayest Music of all Time." Should be great! ;)



And oh goodie - on my way home on Saturday, when I'm tucked into Frenchland again, I get to listen to

No comments:

Post a Comment