Saturday, June 9, 2007

I didn't forget...

My hubby's birthday came and went while we were away without me so much as *mentioning* it on here. Golly gee, how has life gone on??! :) He's good about it. Every once in awhile, he just reminds me that "no one in the blog world even knew it was his birthday." So here I am, announcing to all of Blogdom, that my husband, Jeremiah X Gomez turned the age of 25 at approximately 9:20am on the morning of Thursday, May 31, 2007. I have loved sharing every day of my married life with you!

Here are a few more reasons (one for each year) why I love my husband so much:

1- He buys me chocolate
2- He doesn't tease me (*too bad*) when my pants don't fit so well anymore
3- He is an amazing preacher of the Word
4- He brings me treats "just because" (I came home from my sisters wedding to a new Sony Dreammaker alarm clock/CD player and a big box of Lindt truffles!)
5- He gets along fantastically well with my father
6- He tolerates the rest of my family (hehe, just joking - they get along really well too)
7- He lets me hog the blankets
8- He treats his mother (and mine!) with the respect they deserve
9- He takes me on new adventures (ie - we're moving to Pennsylvania very soon!)
10- He talks to me like I am a person. He takes what I have to say as valuable. He *wants* to know what I think.
11- He loves Jesus more than me
12- He loves to just stand there and hold me
13- He paid for my immigration when there was no way for me to earn any money to put towards it
14- He would rather spend his money on me
15- He lets me spend money on him (we're working on it!)
16- He reads Scripture together with me
17- We can pray together
18- He is an amazing BBQer
19- He helps with a lot of the cooking
20- We love the same kinds of movies
21- I love the way he interacts with kids (and can't wait to have some of our own to grow to love together)
22- He is willing to give up everything to follow where God is leading -- even though that still currently means being very far from his much loved family
23- He remembers exactly what I like
24- He puts his whole heart into everything he does... even when sometimes he feels like he doesn't get anything in return.
25- He is loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and self-controlled --- most of the time! (Hey, no one's perfect!)

Hon, even though I'm late in saying it on here, I wish you the happiest birthday and a great year to follow! You are one of a kind and I can't wait to see what is next in God's plan for us!

Carry on!

3 comments:

  1. I want to grr at you sarah! your immigration paper work is not even funny how fast is wentthrough for you!!! I submitted Nov 1st 2006 and i'm still waiting for my interview!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon- Free lawyers are the best. I don't know if it's true or not, but it almost *seems* like if you have a lawyers name on things, it does go through faster.

    What stage are you at? Have you had your prints/picture taken yet?

    Who are you anyway??

    ReplyDelete
  3. #26 - His mother has no legs

    ReplyDelete