Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Don't forget to read my prayer request in the post below, but I took these pictures and wanted to get them posted today as well :)

We came to Carlisle and moved into the apartment sight-unseen. We put our trust in Marsha, the wife of the church treasurer. She claimed herself to be a "real estate agent wannabe," and she proved herself wonderfully. We absolutely **love** our new place.

The only thing we have left to do (besides the last room you will see) is to hang up pictures . Then it will really feel like home!

With no further adieu -- Our apartment :) ENJOY!!! And come visit!!!

We actually live in a town that they announce it before you get here!!
And this wasn't even the first sign!

This is our apartment complex. There are three buildings that share our parking lot --
the two you see and another on the right hand side.
Here is a close up of apartments. As you can see, there are 8 apartments in each building.
We LOVE the privacy/shade that those trees give our windows!! (Top left)
We're getting closer! Our door is 252, the only one without the cheesy wreath :)Once you open our door, this is your first view. Climb on up!
Room #1: Living Room/Dining Room
We still need to buy another couple of chairs :)
Living Room/Dining Room from another angle
We also still need to pick up a tv stand!!!

Room #2: Den/Computer Room
This was supposed to be a dining room, but our desk wouldn't fit anywhere else!!!
Room #3: The Kitchen
Our brand new washing machine
Her sister, the brand new dryerRoom #4: Master BedroomRoom #5: The Bathroom
--- the one thing we don't like about the apartment: thick carpet in the bathroom ICK!! ---
Room #6: The Guest Room
Yup... this is where we keep our guests...
So there you have it. That's where we live. And yes. It's always this clean ;) hehehe

7 comments:

  1. very thorough!

    2 problems though, wreaths should not be made fun of AND dryers are male, not female.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Thanks for the tour! Very nice!
    The guest room is ...well..what shall I say?... Maybe room for a mouse to sleep in the corner! (Not that I wish that to happen!) I am sure it will look great by the time the company arrives :)
    ~Mom~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove your apartment! I really like it Bunkie! It looks great! and Im amazed at how moved in you are!! took me months to get unpacked!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what highway are you off of?

    When we bought our home it was hard to work full time and move in. It took me almost a year to go through my things in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are settling in well. I wish we could have spent more time together. We enjoy you both very much! And I think you you should get a tacky wreath for your new front door. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matthew - Jer told me that I should remove my wreath comment. The neighbours might find my blog. What are the chances??

    Mom - PLEASE do not wish mice to my guest room floor!! I'm sure Laurel (and Amy and Mike if they make it) will thank you for it.

    Jess - I was not (and am still not) working when we arrived here, so the best thing I had to do besides wander around town was unpack. And I'm so glad I did :) Feels good to be settled!!

    Heather - We are off of Hwy 81 directly. Hwy 76 also goes through town not too far from us (10 minutes?)

    Melinda - I'm sorry we didn't get ot spend more time too! I love you and your whole family! We were very grateful for the fun night we had at Beulah. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. seeing the surround sound stuff made my heart skip a beat...miss you guys

    ReplyDelete