Friday, January 18, 2008

But... I Can Still See the Grass..... A Lesson in Perspective

Ok. So we got "snow" last night. A whole whomping inch and a half (MAYBE!)  with a touch of ice rain (not enough to need a scraper this morning).  But you wouldn't BELIEVE the school closures and the late school starts!  EVERY school around is delayed by at least an hour, SOME by two hours, and some are CLOSED.  It bewilders me what would happen if they got real snow here. AN INCH AND A HALF, PEOPLE! And the roads are clear!  I can still see the grass, people!!
 
(Complete side note: I forgot the comma in that last sentence, and it made me look like I believe in "grass people" - hehe)
 
Anyway, in Maine/Ontario/New Brunswick where my upbringing happened, we would not have turned an eye to the "storm" we got last night. We would be on our way to work and school and definitely would not be canceling things.
Guess it'll take more than 2 "storms" here to get used to the way people react.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Pennsylvania! We used to have school cancelled if they were CALLING for snow. Half the time we wouldn't have any and then we would just have a day off for no reason. It is a bit ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete