Monday, January 28, 2008

Updated!

It's about freaking time. 
 
1-  The Lagoon kicked off on Jan 13 and has been going well!  We had 5 kids each of the first 2 weeks (made up of 7 different kids), and 8 yesterday (including 2 more new kids)!  These are not new kids. They have interacted with the church before but never in any kind of consistent manner. 
        - 1 is a sixth grade boy who used to get dropped off most Sundays and then spends the afternoon with a couple from church.
        - 2 are friends of boy above
        - 3 are kids who are part of our church family but with their parents work were very irregular.  (they've been there all three weeks!)
        - 1 is the grandson of the volunteer helping to run the ministry
        - 1 is a sixth grade girl who finds everything "boring" but has come back twice
        - 1 is a teen volunteer leader who, as we start, is more or less taking part but will open up to newer and broader ways to help as we progress. 
Praise Yahweh for His faithfulness in this new ministry!
 
2- Still no snow to speak of :(   Guess I have to pray harder
 
3- People here would kill me if I prayed harder.
 
4- Two of my sisters are pregnant and I've been so "busy" that I haven't talked to either of them in almost a month (shame on me!!!)
 
5- We are having a special meeting after church next Sunday to introduce and vote on a new adventure in faith for the church.  To many people, it will seem to be coming from left field, but the board and Jeremiah have been praying long and hard and feel this is the correct direction for the church to make at this time.  Hopefully, with Jeremiah's ability to explain, people will see the benefits and how God has already gone before us.
 
6- Jeremiah and I are more and more convinced every day that this is the place that God has called us for this point of our ministry.  It's far from a perfect location, but the potential is so great. As long as we can get the church to not only believe in their potential but to grow in it as well.
 
7- We have an appointment right after work today to get pre-approved to buy a house.  Scary?  YES! Exciting? YES!  Fathomable? We sure hope so!  We've already been watching the market for a while now and are terribly excited about the possibility of being first time home owners.
 
8- I want to go to Hawaii someday.  Rumour has it my husband considered making it happen at Valentine's Day, but the budget was just not going to give right now.  We are trying our hardest to get out of debt and it just didn't seem like the right time to double what's left!
 
9- Based on some money coming back to us, we should be out of credit card debt in approx a month and a half!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!
 
10- I had some doctor's appointments lately and it seems like I'm perfectly normal. HA!  Little do they know!
 
That's enough boring stats for one day. 
 
11- Oh, I'm terribly behind in my 2008 in 2008. Good thing there was Arizona at the beginning of the month!!! I'll get some posted soon, promise!!! (Some taken, just  not off the camera yet)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update!! Im so excited about the house prospect!! how wonderful for you two!! and congrats on getting debt down!! that always seems like an uphill climb to me. Keep working at it!
    keep us updated!!...about the house... not debt... lol.
    love ya bunkie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess wrote all the thoughts I had...so all I have is "dido" and that I hope you catch up on the photo challenge.

    ReplyDelete