Sunday, December 14, 2008

2008 in 2008 Lost!

Well, I hate to have to admit this -- but I lost ALL my 2008 in 2008 pictures when my computer died a couple months ago :( I had so many moments captured on film and now they're GONE! :(

Ok, I lie. My computer IS dead, but I believe I only would have lost a couple hundred pictures. Sigh. Can I keep no commitment?? My new blogging commitment I will keep.

Today marks yet another day where I did NOT catch up on house work. Why is it that more often than not, our home looks like a tornado went through it?? I'm ashamed to say, I would be terribly embarrassed if someone I knew decided to drop in on us. This is to my shame because, in all truth, I would love for friends to feel welcome to just drop in.. Yet I would be careful to only open the door far enough for me to slip out and enjoy a chilly hello in the drive way. What a way to share a new home.....

Commitment #2- Something has GOT to change. "Neat" has never been my middle name, or even a term loosely associated with me, but this is not only MY house. I have a husband, who on many more than one occasion has commented on how much more relaxed he is in a clean house. So should I not do my best to do my part in keeping it that way?? I have been abundantly blessed with a husband who more often than not will use his day off from working to clean the house.

Perhaps I am lazy. But this I will find a way to overcome. I need to. It must be done.

On that note, I'm going to change the laundry and finish cleaning the kitchen/dining room.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem - my home is NEVER as neat as I would like it to be. Some weeks are better than others, but really what it comes down to is just doing it. I find if I spend a few minutes here and there tidying - like while the washer fills, or something is warming up in the microwave, or while on the phone - things are MUCH easier to handle and I don't get overwhelmed thinking it will take me hours to clean.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete