Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Some glad morning --- I'll fly away!!

Soon it will be my time to fly away - but first things first - my mom flew to Seattle to spend a week with my sister Gina and her new baby girl, Naïma Katherine. This leaves me at home working my mom's daycare. Diapers, kid lunches, walks to the park, Fisher Price preschool games, Caillou puzzles, playforts and hoses in the backyard (if the weather turns nice once again as it supposed to), and the beloved naptime! I'm quite sure that this is part of what life was made for!! Some people babysit and realize "WOW!! THIS is why I am not a mother!" Not me. I sit here and thank God that I truly believe that someday my day is coming!

I've heard some pretty horrible day care stories (ok - so I'm pretty sure there have even been some here...) but my mom has been blessed with some pretty great daycare kids this year. A set of 2-year-old twins (boy and girl), a 3-year-old girl, and a 4-year-old girl. Right now, they're sitting behind me comparing the length of their lunch French fries. Guess I better get something ready for dessert :)

This really is the life :) Perhaps someday it will be mine.


Oh yeah - and when my mom comes home next Wednesday, she is bringing my sister Gina and baby Naïma with her. And that day or shortly after, my sister Krista and her two kids, Emily and Isaac will be here too. Oh happy day :D

3 comments:

  1. Walks to the park, Fisher Price toys, playforts and hoses, hey? Sounds like a fun day to me, with or without the little tykes to play with! I've seen myself and two friends make a blanket fort in the living room and sleep there, just 'cause. Anyway, children are amazing.. They can teach you so much. :) Well, I don't wanna waste your time, seeing as how I'm a complete stranger and all..

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complete strangers are warmly welcomed here. And encouraged to come back as they please :) In fact, I think I may just follow the link through your name and perhaps put a face to this random comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous.. I always love a warm welcome :) I actually stumbled across your msn space last night when I was being nosy and following the referring addresses which had led people to my msn space. One of them was a msn search for "Sarah" and I was actually drawn in by your "Sarah problem here?" I loved that! Little things like that amuse me to no end. So yeah. We're both witty and intelligent! AND we have the best name.

    As for your question about the Kamloops-St FX thing, I was actually born in Nova Scotia and took a few years at X. I moved out here a month ago to live with my boyfriend... I wish I had a more interesting story involving kidnappings and some kind of money laundering operation, but sadly I don't. Anyway, thanks for leaving the comment, I had actually just written an entry about how no one leaves me comments anymore.. So yay for comments!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete