Saturday, April 28, 2007

Giving up TV...

Before we got married, Jer and I decided to cut the cable to the tv at the house. We decided that as a married couple, there were far more fun and interesting things to do besides waste every evening in front of the television set. So it was cut. We were going to get out on the town, go places, do things, play games. Television can wait.

So here is the short list of television that we have watched in our 7+ months of marriage.

- *M*A*S*H* seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11
- 24 season 1
- Firefly season 1 (needed to be longer -- that's the end of it)
- Grey's Anatomy season 1
- Alias season 1 and most of 2

Not to mention the movies we've watched (I can't begin to list them)

Oh yeah - and we also gave up cookies.

Hehe

7 comments:

  1. i watched the first episodes of firefly on my trip. pretty good. cutting cable IS good though, dvd's are better use of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Before we got married, Jer and I decided to cut the cable to the tv at the house. We decided that as a married couple, there were far more fun and interesting things to do besides waste every evening sitting in front of the t.v."

    ....ahhhh.....so funny..and so true....

    Why would anyone ever give up cookies? I'm perplexed....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you finish Grey's, roommate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and yes, we finished Grays.. in less than a week :S Is that healthy??? (it's only 9 episodes though..)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha - this post was supposed to demonstrate how our effort to "give up" tv ultimately failed. We just weren't constrained to timeframes (we "must" be home at such and such a time for such and such a show)... we just watched when convenient. And what we wanted. But we watched quite a bit (see back to the list!)

    As for cookies, that was a joke. We gave up cookies kind of like we gave up tv :) I'll try harder next time Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. As one who HAS given up TV, I highly recommend it. I wrote a post on my blog about it quite a while back, causing some discussion with some who thought it absurd. But, I tell you what, I will never regret it...my mind is sharper, my attitude is better, my thoughts are so much more often on the Lord, and this world looks different to me than it did before.

    I'm not on a soapbox here, just wanted to encourage you that it is a positive step.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gave up cookies!!!!! For how long?? Surely not forever?

    ReplyDelete