Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I'm on AP!!!

Granted, while at Bethany, this would have been nothing to boast about.. students on AP (Academic Probation) didn't usually go around flailing their arms and proclaiming their good fortune..

But now that Bethany is part of my history, AP is a whole different story.. A new realm of excitement.

AP (Advanced Parole) is an answer to prayer. Yes, I know it sounds like I got out of jail early, but that's only partially true. While working towards immigration status in the States, you are not allowed to cross the border. Correction - you are allowed to cross the border. You are just not allowed to come back! So, for the last few months, I have been unable to enter Canada. What this AP does is, even though the process is not complete and I still don't have a green card, I am now allowed to resume normal border crossings. My sister is getting married in 11 days in Nova Scotia and as of yesterday, I'm allowed to go!

Best news yet (and why it's an obvious answer to prayer) it's *weeks* earlier than it should have arrived. God has his hands all over this one!

And also, my interview in Portland is Monday. I should be receiving my work permit any day now. So even if they don't stamp my passport and give me a green card, I can work, I can come and go when I want and/or need... I'm happy :) The green card can take a couple more months if it likes.

YIPPEE!!!

Oh, and I'm getting money back from my OWN government to boot! Yahoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment