Sunday, September 30, 2007

Many Times

There have been many times in the past week or so where I said to myself "I could blog about that" or "I should blog about that." And yet none of it came to fruition. So since list blogs are so popular and enjoyed, I'll just blog about all of them now.

1- I have the most amazing husband. We have a mutual understanding (with zero forcing on my part) that housework is not all the wifes job -- especially, but not only, now that we are both working. That being said, for about a week, both of us were pretty slack about it. Then, on Wednesday, I came home from work to find EVERYTHING done. Dishes, vacuuming, bathroom, beds made, table cleared, laundry done... you name it, I think he did it that morning. I felt SOOO blessed to be able to just come home and relax rather than knowing that I really should be cleaning up. I love that man. And that's not even a fraction of the reasons why!

2- I am enjoying my job. Part time, mostly front desk and secretarial stuff.. but the IT girl is leaving (at the end of this coming week) and I am being trained on a handful of her tasks. Look out world, *I* am in charge of keeping the computer systems functional --- EEK!!

3- I have an interview (kind of-- just need to call to set it up basically) if I want it. It is at a podiatrist office as a medical transcriptionist. I plan to talk to Mary, in HR, at my current job first, to make sure that my current job is staying at part time. If they are thinking of moving me into full time, I won't waste the podiatrists training and time (unless they know that up front and don't mind). But if it'll be a few months before full time is available at Tuckey (current), I will definitely see if Pinker and Assoc. (interview) can work with what hours I have available (basically 2-5 MTWF, and 2-6 Th, based on their open hours)

4- Jer and I are finishing up the first week of the South Beach diet. We are both feeling great, and we can both already see a difference. I am back into the last pair of jeans that I recently had to stop wearing and it feels GREAT. One (or maybe two) more weeks of phase one, and we can lighten up a little.

5- Last time we started this diet, we were pretty boring with meat and veggie meals. This time, I'm trying to stir things up a bit. Yesterday, we had Cheesy Chicken Fajita Lettuce Rolls. Basically "fajitas" with a piece of Romaine lettuce instead of an actual fajita. Jer says you can't call it a fajita if it doesn't have a FAJITA. But they were really good. Right now, we're waiting on South Beach Taco Soup to finish simmering. (Again, he says can't be a taco without a TACO SHELL, but what does he know!)

6- Today was Jer's installation service as pastor at the church here. We had a good visit at Bonanza with Rev Randy and Gayle Swink after the service. They are really good people from what we know of them and we look forward to serving in their district under their leadership in the years to come. At lunch, I cheated and had a *very small* piece of cheesecake. Stinks when you cheat and it's not even that good.....

K, that's enough catch up for now! Going to check on my soup!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    I would love to find out more information on the diet you guys are doing.. I have thought about trying a few times only to be discouraged by the thought that I would gain it all back once I was off the diet. any specific places you would suggest looking to get some more info??
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. transcription can be quite involved. plus, you have to be able to understand the doctor. All the woman we have at our office have schooling.

    I wanted to give you a heads up as it is very involved when your not trained it it.

    ReplyDelete