Sunday, December 23, 2007

2008 in 2008


As previously mentioned in other posts, my wonderful and loving husband bought one of my dream gifts for me this past September. He bought me a sleek, black, shiny DSLR camera -- the Nikon D40. I've been accused of not using it as much as I could (although I have taken a handful of pretty neat shots).

I've taken this accusation and made it a challenge.

My challenge is this:

2008 in 2008.

That's it. That's how simple the rules are. Between the stroke of the New Year and the stroke of the following New Year, I will take 2008 pictures. Based on it being a leap year, that's only 5.4863387978142076502732240437158 pictures a day (I think I'll round it off to 5.5 a day) average. That's an average of 167.333333 pics a month

While that's the only rule, I have given myself a couple of guidelines:

1- No more than 15% can be taken in any given month. (must be less than 300 pictures a month -- if November rolls around and I haven't hit 1408, there's no catching up. ) Pictures over 300/month may be included in the count only if the 2008 goal is overshot)

2- I have to try. I can't just shoot nothingness because I'm behind. You don't have to think it's beautiful, but I have to know for myself that I am trying to learn and strive for better photography.

3- The sky's the limit. Pictures can be of anything I feel like shooting. I'm going to enjoy myself or die trying.


So fellow digitizers out there... are you up for the challenge? Will you join me? Or am I on my own? (Filmers, I invite you too, but only if you've got a strong pocket book!!!!) Make your own guidelines and let us know what they are!

You can find my pictures (starting with brand new Jan 1 pics) at www.sarahs2008in2008.blogspot.com. (Unless someone tells me a better place for listing pictures). If you want to join me, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! Make a new blog (www.yourname2008in2008.blogspot.com or wherever) and I will put a link to you on my page.

Let's shoot it together!

1 comment:

  1. http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj215/djs2008in2008/

    That is where my pictures will be hosted...

    ReplyDelete