Wednesday, December 26, 2007

No takers

Merry Christmas everyone!! Hope you all had a great day!

Apparently, based on the abundance of comments on my last post, no one is brave enough to join me in my quest of 2008 in 2008. That's alright, I'll venture it alone!

Here's a short list of what I have thought of so far that will help me towards my goal.

1- We are spending the first week of the new year in Arizona. Everywhere you look there is something uniquely beautiful to snap.
2- Two of my sisters are pregnant and will have babies this coming summer. Granted, they live on opposite sides of the continent (with me in the middle), but with the family reunion, maybe we'll meet up there. And, if they haven't popped yet, even preggo pictures can be fun.
3- Two family reunions this summer. There must be something I can capture!
4- One reunion is on Grand Manan Island. Jeremiah has never been there, and the lighthouses, cliffs, oceans, whares, etc will make great shots!
5- The Lagoon is launching in January and is bound to have excellent photo ops throughout the year.
6- Hope is that by next Christmas, there will be enough kids/families in the church to put on a Christmas play. Always photo-esque!
7- Jeremiah is going to Swaziland and Mozambique in November. We're praying about me going along. If not, does it count if HE takes the pictures??? hehe
8- We're looking for a house as we find things we like. Once a house is in the works, I'll want to show it off electronically.
9- I love my husband and maybe if I'm nice, he'll let me take some pictures of him throughout the year.
10- We have found some beautiful spots around the Carlisle area that are guaranteed to be snapped at different points throughout the year.
11- None of you have been to my town, so who knows, you might even get a virtual tour once the spring hits and the land is a little more beautiful once again.
12- It hasn't snowed yet this year and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival, so when it comes, you can bet I'll be snapping it up!
13- My sister bought me a "how to photograph nature" book, so I'll make use of that as well!
14- Washington DC is only 3 hours away.
15- We will find a zoo to go to.
16- etc etc etc.

It's not too late to join in the fun!! let me know if you plan on snapping with me!

Be on the lookout for my upcoming jumpstart in Arizona!


3 comments:

  1. I like the idea. And I'll look forward to looking at the pics. But I never have a camera. I like looking at photography more than being a photographer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i figured it out. let me know if there are any problems

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,

    I take commitments seriously. So, I probably will take 2008 pictures this coming year, but with all life changes I don't want to commit. But I love my camera! We have an digital SLR cameral which is amazing.

    I am excited to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete