Monday, April 21, 2008

CVS for good :)

My CVS savings have been used for good already!  Hooray!!  I've told my husband to make sure that if I begin stockpiling too much, I am giving away what we can't reasonably use (our new home does not have a great deal of storage space).  Well, I've had opportunity to share my good fortune already.  Yesterday, it rained HARD where I live and our street flooded.  My guesstimate would be that it was a good 1.5-2 feet at its deepest points.  At first, cars were trying to get through it, until eventually the police got there and wouldn't allow anyone through.  Unfortunately for my new "friend", they didn't get there before she tried to get her little car across.  It got water logged and shut off mid "puddle."  We were watching the excitement from our second floor apartment window, and saw another couple of people help push her out of the road and into our parking lot.  I overheard them talking and heard her say that she had friends just up the street and she would call them.  So I didn't worry about her. She was taken care of. 
 
20 minutes later, rain harder, thunder and lightning louder, I realized she was still sitting out there in her car!  I told my husband I was going to see if she wanted to come up and dry off while she waited for whomever she was waiting.  Poor girl, when I got there, she was streaming tears, talking to her dad on the phone.  I'm very glad I did not assume she was taken care of.  She came up, calmed down, and dried off.  It was a good 45 minutes before her parents got there to get her and see what they could do about the car.  Unfortunately, it still wouldn't start, so she borrowed our internet to find some phone numbers for road side assistance and was on her way...
 
But not until I gave her a big bag of M&Ms to melt her troubles away :)  Haha, I know it was small and didn't REALLY do anything to fix the situation, but it brought a smile to her face!  I'm glad we were able to be there for her, even if it was just a warm/dry place with tasty M&Ms while she waited for "real help" to arrive :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment