Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Congratulations! You've won...

I would say in the last month or so, I have probably entered 50-75+ contests/sweepstakes for everything from a $5 gift card to a $28 grilling set to a $1400 treadmill to a vacation package for 6 to Puerto Rico.  What did I win?  A sample pair of Hanes Her Way hipster underwear. In white. Everyone's favourite. Jeremiah's response:  "Way to go - now we've lost all chances of winning anything good cause you wasted our luck on underwear" (not word for word, but you get the drift.)
 
Jeremiah enters one lousy contest -- a link he found while browsing through the www.Drudgereport.com website.  Yesterday, he received a voicemail and an email saying "CONGRATULATIONS! You are our first place winner! You've won..." blah blah blah...
 
SO WE WON!! We're on our way to a three day, two night vacation for 2 to Fairfax, Virginia, complements of the Virginia Tourism department.  We fly from Harrisburg to Dulles, get a three day car rental, 2 nights stay at the Crowne Plaza Tyson Corner hotel , get a nice supper out on Saturday night, free breakfasts at the hotel, and 2 tickets to see Les Miserables at Wolf Trap!!
 
Check out the details for yourself at http://www.virginia.org/musicpromo/lesmiserables.asp
 
YAY Jeremiah!!!
 
(And don't worry -- I'll continue to enter any contest I come across!)

3 comments:

  1. No way. He's hilarious.
    Yay for a trip away together - FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm so like you...I enter everything I see and *hope* I win something.
    But in the end I can't even win a dollar store prize at a shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations, and have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke and I are going to Les Mis too (although I would assume it's cheaper seats ;). We should meet up at some point during your vacation.

    ReplyDelete