Tuesday, July 22, 2008

She Speaks!


A couple months ago, I learned about a very cool website called "Shespeaks.com". It is an online community for women (sorry guys!) to try new products and let their voices be heard! I had my doubts at first, but recently was invited to take part in a trial for Garnier Nutrioniste's Anti-Puff Eye Roller.

As for the product, I love it! After only one day of trying it, my eye feels refreshed and less "tired". (I say "eye" because I am doing an experiment with one eye to see what the results really are. Hopefully, if all goes well, Jeremiah will be able to tell in a week or so which eye I am testing the roller on -- I'll keep you posted). Call me crazy, but I could feel the difference right away when I tried it.



Enough about the product itself though. What I really wanted to talk about in this blog was the website itself! I had my doubts about it when I read about it on another blog, but figured there was no harm in giving it a shot. So I signed up (for free, of course) and received my first invitation (a month or so later). That's it. Full size "sample" of whatever it is they ask you to test, and you get to keep it at the end. All you have to do is use the website to tell them what you thought. The more you use the website, the better your "relationship" with them is, and the more they can offer you invitations specific to your own lifestyle. Apparently, they test everything from books to beauty samples (like my eye roller) to baby strollers to KitchenAid mixers etc etc etc.
So far, two thumbs up from me! I can't wait to see what they offer me to test next. Just so you know, I'll test just about anything that is free!!!

Is anyone else out there a member of shespeaks.com? If you are let me know! If you sign up, let me know! There's no benefit to me if you sign up, but I'd love to share the benefits of the site with you!!

(US residents only, sorry Canadian friends..)

6 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah. :) That site seemed interesting, so I went and checked it out. I did end up signing up, because it seems like it could be a cool thing to be a part of. Thanks for mentioning it! We'll see what happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try! I'm still a US resident, but I doubt they ship outside the US. Ah well, I will have to try it when we are back in January. Sounds fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my heart was beating, my eyes huge with the anticipation..until I read your last line.
    You had my hopes in the palm of your hands...on to dash them :( boo hoo me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, Julie, and Jess -- don't forget to let me know when you get invited to a test!! Don't worry if you don't hear anything right away -- i think it was two months from when I joined.

    Dena -- if you're home in January, I would sign up in November.. December at the latest -- that way you'll hopefully get a test soon after you get home!

    Kristi - sorry :( Should have tagged that at the beginning of the post.. Your mom and dad have a US mailing address -- would they forward stuff to you? Or someone just over the border ?? There's always an answer if you want it badly enough ;)

    ReplyDelete