Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ok, so things worked out a little easier than we had been told.. The lawyer definitely made it seem like there would be bad stuff to pay if I left the country without this stamp in my passport... So we thought we would have to go back to Portland. So we got up at 5:00 to leave by 6 to head for Portland. In the morning, I called the border just to make sure that what I had wasn't enough.. They said I'd have to come in so they could see it... but the guy in Houlton wasn't in until 8. We could be halfway to Portland by then... so we went to the Bridgewater border. They guy there was quite positive that I had what I needed - if HE were working, getting back into the country would not be a problem.

Wanting a second opinion (you never know with border guards) we headed to Houlton. By this time, it was 8:00 and the guy who could answer my questions was there. He said yes, what I had was sufficient and there was no stamp I needed.

Good. So we took his word for it... We left. Got here MUCH earlier than we thought.

Granted, I am still out of the country. Here's to hoping that tomorrow when I try to reenter, one of those guys is working or they really were correct...

I'll post about the wedding when I get home and can get somepictures up... :) It was a beautiful day (had it not been for the weather, it would have been perfect)

1 comment:

  1. did you make it back into the country??!! Im dying of suspense!!!

    luv ya bunkie...update soon!

    ReplyDelete