Friday, May 4, 2007

THR3E

I am not usually one for movie reviews, but after the movie Jer and I watched last night, I feel the world must know. Back when we were dating and doing a lot of road trips, Jeremiah and I both listened to an excellent book on CD by Ted Dekker, called THR3E. Very intense, highly stimulating, and incredibly fun to listen to. While walking the video store aisles the other night, we saw, to our amazement it was a movie now! Neither of us had any idea. We grabbed it and brought it home, expecting a pretty decent movie.

We were sorely disappointed. Where the book was exciting and made you wonder what could possibly happen next, the movie left you thinking "why did I put $4.40 into renting this movie?" The characters, who are pretty well created in the book, felt cheap and fake in the movie.

If you asked my opinion (which you didn't so if you don't like it, ignore it!), I'd say put a little extra effort and a little more time and pick up the book. As for the movie, save your money and leave it on the shelf.

The best part of the movie for us: We returned it after only one night, and get a $1 credit towards our next rental.

3 comments:

  1. Dane is a hard-core dekker fan...one of the worst ones out there! He owns every book authored and co-authors by Dekker, and our entire bookcase leaves no room for my books, because it has been ordained as "Ted's". Dane rushed out and bought the movie the day it became available, and we watched that night. It was good, alright...but as usual, I preferred the book. They just lft out too much during filming (understandably). Plus, it was hard to watch it when you already know the ending. Have you read "House"? Holy crap, THAT looks like a good one. The book kept me awake all night, no doubt the movie will, too! Dane said it's possible it might even get an "R" rating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Sarah. Bad movie. I want my money back. Bad. Ick. Read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla - I do agree he is a great author. I think he needs to find a new producer or something :)

    Jer - Agreed. Hopefully they gave us that $1 back at least! We'll find out the next time we rent :)

    ReplyDelete