Thursday, January 11, 2007

Pity Rosy

Just before Christmas, I noticed a large red spot on my right shoulder. It was roughly the size of an oblong quarter and looked very dry and was rather itchy. Over the holidays, it fanned out into a rather extensive rash across my chest and a little bit down over my should and back. It started creeping up my neck.

By this time, I was getting a little concerned (and was having more difficulty hiding it!!). So, since I had a doctors appointment anyway, I decided to have it looked at. Doctor's words were "I know exactly what that is... unfortunately." That was a little unnerving, but then he said it was only because they don't know how to get rid of it. It just runs its course and eventually (1-3 months) will go away on its own. So I got myself some cream and some calamine lotion and we're hoping that it doesn't scar.

It's called Pityriasis Rosea - in laymans terms, it means "Red Spots" - go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment