Saturday, January 13, 2007

Still Kicking

Amazing! Even after losing 6 fish in 7 days, we were able to leave for 4 days and come home to no dead fish! Well... that's not completely true.

When someone would ask me how many fish we had right now, my answer was consistently "I'm not sure.... 13, 14, 13, 14, 13, 14..." My point was - I left a pregnant guppie free in the tank, hoping she wouldn't have the fries (baby fish) while I was away. I didn't want to put her in the birthing tank and leave - she'd be away from the food source and would probably find a way to eat them had she birthed them anyway...

So we left her out. And sure enough, we came home to 12 healthy (and well fed) fish - and 1 healthy but significantly-skinnier-than-we-left-her guppie.

Oh well - another 4 weeks and she'll be ready to pop another batch!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! Congratulations on the baby fish - how exciting! And yup, a human baby is on the way to us, which is very cool. Everything is going well, for which we are very thankful. Ultrasound on Tuesday, so I'll be sure to post it. So where are you guys living now? Are you in Arizona? I hope you're doing well and enjoying it. :) We're getting snow tomorrow and Tuesday, so that should make it seem a little more like winter in these parts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misunderstanding - there ARE no babies --- they were eaten at birth (sends shivers up my spine!!) The 12 healthy and well fed fish are the grown fish who ATE them.

    Now that that is clear --- I'm not sure what else to write about.

    ReplyDelete