Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sweet Dreams???

Jeremiah and I started the South Beach diet last week (this is day 6). I was not feeling well for the first 3 or 4 days, probably because my system was on withdrawal from all the sugars and starches that it has grown to love.... I have gotten past the feeling sick stage - except for in the mornings - my stomach has NEVER been able to handle bacon and eggs in the morning (yes, even Canadian bacon and egg substitute doesn't settle *or* sound appealing to me) -=--- and NO, it is not morning sickness and I am *not* pregnant --- back to the real story. So I usually eat sliced turkey for breakfast. At least it's a food that is permitted.

Anyway, I haven't really been feeling the craving for sugars anymore. That is, I haven't been feeling the cravings **while I'm awake**. For the last three nights, I have woken myself up having bad dreams (or sweet dreams perhaps) about nothing but sugar. In one, I was at Bethany, and all Greg was serving in the cafeteria was sweets and candies. I couldn't get enough. There was never a point in the dream where I was not carrying (and eating) at least 3 cookies or Nanaimo bars (college favourite) in my hand. The last night, I believe I was in high school, that fit the setting better than college would have. Anyway, I would skip my classes because I was eating cookies!! Then, by the time I went to class, I was still eating treats.....

Is my body trying to tell me something??? I have asked Jeremiah to not tell me to have "sweet dreams" tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment